User Tag List

Thread: Don't mention that name! (Brock and Professor Ivy)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mention that name! (Brock and Professor Ivy)

At the very end of the Orange Islands arc, when Ash returns home to Pallet Town with Misty and Tracey to deliver the GS Ball to Professor Oak, they are shocked to find Brock at Ash's house with Delia. When Brock would be asked about Professor Ivy, he would turn cold and moan "that... name" and "don't mention that name", as well as groan in embarrassment upon every single mention of the Valencia Island Professor from anybody around him. Lots of theories have been floating around over the years over why Brock left Professor Ivy and was too embarrassed to hear any mention of her name.

What do you think really happened between Brock and Professor Ivy, that caused the former to leave the latter?

For many years, I thought the real reason why Brock left Professor Ivy and was so embarrassed over any mention of her name was because Brock did something with/to Ivy that is highly inappropriate for children to know, causing the Professor to kick him out.

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I always thought that he tried to woo her in some grand way and she probably turned him down harshly. Or maybe he found out something about her, be it her personality or maybe a secret, and it changed how he views Prof. Ivy now!

Super Moderator Voltaire Magneton's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think they're sketchy enough to pull an R18 joke here, but then they did stuff like James's crossdressing issue that got banned internationally so IDK it sounds very likely tho!

My first thoughts are basically the same with Karina above, and that's most likely to be the anime's go-to explanation if they get questioned lol

VPP: SOLROCK x LUNATONE @ 46 / 231

Super Moderator Voltaire Magneton's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think they're sketchy enough to pull an R18 joke here, but then they did stuff like James's crossdressing issue that got banned internationally so IDK it sounds very likely tho!

My first thoughts are basically the same with Karina above, and that's most likely to be the anime's go-to explanation if they get questioned lol

VPP: SOLROCK x LUNATONE @ 46 / 231