User Tag List

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 221

Thread: ~ The Daily Tea House!

  1. #181
    Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Any outdoorsy tips? O:
    Bring bug spray! It'll be your friend when all those gnats and mosquitoes start swarming.

    Compression bags are useful to bring too
    Bring a First Aid kit (pretty obvious yes, but it won't hurt to mention!)
    Have flashlights with you
    Don't feed the wild animals, even though they're cute don't be fooled by their adorable eyes!
    Have some beef jerky on hand, no real reason mainly just that I love it lol

    Brought to you by Rin Shima:

  2. #182
    Senior Member Smiles's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician Karina View Post
    Bring bug spray! It'll be your friend when all those gnats and mosquitoes start swarming.

    Compression bags are useful to bring too
    Bring a First Aid kit (pretty obvious yes, but it won't hurt to mention!)
    Have flashlights with you
    Don't feed the wild animals, even though they're cute don't be fooled by their adorable eyes!
    Have some beef jerky on hand, no real reason mainly just that I love it lol

    Brought to you by Rin Shima:
    omg <333 Thank you so much, Karina! i appreciate you ;; this is all so important, especially on articles like the flashlight and the first aid kit! i don't even know what a compression bag does but it's now going on my camping list too! 8DD the weather's getting so nice... i can't wait to actually go out and camp in a couple of months!

    zzzh have any of you ever tried to feed a wild animal? ;; i just imagine my arm getting straight TORN off! a horrifying concept! attack-on-titan type of WILD!

    art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

    ☆ ☆ ☆

  3. #183
    Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    13
    Compression bags are what you put clothes in and you pull fabric tabs that remove air from it, it's very useful for going on trips since they make more room in your luggage. I definitely recommend them for sure!

    As for if I've ever fed a wild animal, nope. My parents instilled that in me since I was a kid so I've never tried. Though I have fed animals in zoo's and other amusement parks that have them, like I've been in those bird sanctuaries and you hold a cup of nectar/feed and they land on you as well as feeding fish to the seals and dolphins at SeaWorld. (I know that technically doesn't count though)

  4. #184
    Ghostbusters Are Dead Ghost's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have not really been here as of late. Hope everyone has been doing well. What's been going on with everyone?
    ​Disclaimer: I claim no ownership over any artwork that is displayed in my Avatar/Signature.

  5. #185
    Senior Member Smiles's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician Karina View Post
    Compression bags are what you put clothes in and you pull fabric tabs that remove air from it, it's very useful for going on trips since they make more room in your luggage. I definitely recommend them for sure!

    As for if I've ever fed a wild animal, nope. My parents instilled that in me since I was a kid so I've never tried. Though I have fed animals in zoo's and other amusement parks that have them, like I've been in those bird sanctuaries and you hold a cup of nectar/feed and they land on you as well as feeding fish to the seals and dolphins at SeaWorld. (I know that technically doesn't count though)
    WHAAAAT that honestly sounds like magic ;; that's really awesome! maybe i should invest in some for my suitcases?! it sounds almost impossibly convenient! thanks so much for the recommendation! i have a really sturdy hiking backpack that's been beaten up and thrown around quite a bit, but it'll be nice to figure out how to efficiently store everything in it haha!

    that's SO good ;;; honestly i've heard of people getting bitten really bad from squirrels and just random critters that would seem totally innocuous... and nope, it's so much better to err on the safe side! (I SAY THE SEAWORLD ONE COUNTS (:< Karina living life on the EDGE!) i don't even feed other people's dogs lol; you just never know i think when an animal wants to really be an animal... (and i don't blame them at all!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Have not really been here as of late. Hope everyone has been doing well. What's been going on with everyone?
    Hi, here too! 8DD my semester's finally ended and summer one classes won't start until the 21st! i've bumped up my work hours in the mean time, so excited to see the toddlers more and more (: it's starting to get hot over here, so now we actually have to put sunscreen on them before they go out to play and they get so squirmy, it's ridic cute lmao

    how are YOU! ;;;;

    art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

    ☆ ☆ ☆

  6. #186
    Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    WHAAAAT that honestly sounds like magic ;; that's really awesome! maybe i should invest in some for my suitcases?! it sounds almost impossibly convenient! thanks so much for the recommendation! i have a really sturdy hiking backpack that's been beaten up and thrown around quite a bit, but it'll be nice to figure out how to efficiently store everything in it haha!
    It will definitely save some space in your suitcase or backpack (or any other traveling bag), and they are pretty much at every store which is pretty awesome. And they are certainly a life saver when it comes to hiking and camping! ^^

    that's SO good ;;; honestly i've heard of people getting bitten really bad from squirrels and just random critters that would seem totally innocuous... and nope, it's so much better to err on the safe side! (I SAY THE SEAWORLD ONE COUNTS (:< Karina living life on the EDGE!) i don't even feed other people's dogs lol; you just never know i think when an animal wants to really be an animal... (and i don't blame them at all!)
    Yeah especially since squirrels and most other wild animals carry rabies and other diseases, despite their cuteness it's best to not bother them for sure. Same here I don't feed or pet other people's dogs unless I already know that person, for strangers I'll ask to pet their dog though if it comes up to me.

  7. #187
    Senior Member Smiles's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    HOW'S everyone's weekend going so far? O:

    art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

    ☆ ☆ ☆

  8. #188
    Member New_Tristram_Folklore's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Oceania/Australia
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mine is going good! Saw Deadpool 2 with a friend on Saturday
    On the negative side, I am kind of sick of my new case worker person and her opinions (don't want to go into too much detail)
    But I am changing over onto someone else.

    The Land of the Free, Within Me Entirely
    Set by New T Folklore


  9. #189
    Senior Member Smiles's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by New_Tristam_Folklore View Post
    Mine is going good! Saw Deadpool 2 with a friend on Saturday
    On the negative side, I am kind of sick of my new case worker person and her opinions (don't want to go into too much detail)
    But I am changing over onto someone else.
    YAY that's awesome!! what did you think of Deadpool 2? C=

    oh no! i'm happy you're changing over to someone (hopefully much better) soon! my educational program is a sister program to the counseling one here, and the school of social work has a lot of ties to us. i've heard a lot of wild stories about people in the programs who perhaps should never be able to help others in this way and i can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be on the receiving end )): hoping the new person is much better!

    just got an email from a professor saying there's no reading for tomorrow! super pumped! now it's just laundry and a lazy day, until school tomorrow and friends on tuesday 8D yay lazy days!

    art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

    ☆ ☆ ☆

  10. #190
    Member New_Tristram_Folklore's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Oceania/Australia
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    YAY that's awesome!! what did you think of Deadpool 2? C=

    oh no! i'm happy you're changing over to someone (hopefully much better) soon! my educational program is a sister program to the counseling one here, and the school of social work has a lot of ties to us. i've heard a lot of wild stories about people in the programs who perhaps should never be able to help others in this way and i can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be on the receiving end )): hoping the new person is much better!

    just got an email from a professor saying there's no reading for tomorrow! super pumped! now it's just laundry and a lazy day, until school tomorrow and friends on tuesday 8D yay lazy days!
    I hope so too! I can take so much from any one person.
    Oh deadpool 2 was really funny and the action was stylish and nice

    I really enjoyed it overall.

    EDIT: I ended up getting my worker changed, thank gosh!
    Never again I want to deal with her nonsense.

    Rang the organisation this morning!
    Last edited by New_Tristram_Folklore; 05-21-2018 at 04:06 AM.

    The Land of the Free, Within Me Entirely
    Set by New T Folklore


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •