User Tag List

Thread: Joy & Jenny are Clones!

Post Thanks / Like

Joy & Jenny are Clones!

There's a few theroies about why all the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennies look exactly the same. (despite Brock being able to magically tell them apart). One of those theories being they're all clones. How do you feel this theory holds up? Is it believable?
    On a semi-hiatus rn

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, Nurse Joys do have strikingly obvious differences

Take this image for example:
    2-13-620x349.jpg

If they were all clones, then explain why their crosses are different colors. It's not like they can simply just change clothes or anything! Theory debunked!

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Better than what they tell us in-universe. I never bought them being cousins since I've never seen cousins that look exactly identical, if it does happen then it's really, really rare. I was about to mention that BW and other regions after Joy's and Jenny's don't look like ones from Kanto-Sinnoh, but they already mentioned that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    they are prolly their own race i think, specialized in restorative justice for the Jenny's and physical magical healing powers for the Joy's! Jenny, for XJ-9 the robot, and the name "joy" for an existential re-endition of the fact that removal of individual volition and submission to physical pain and suffering makes us happiest

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    they are prolly their own race i think, specialized in restorative justice for the Jenny's and physical magical healing powers for the Joy's! Jenny, for XJ-9 the robot, and the name "joy" for an existential re-endition of the fact that removal of individual volition and submission to physical pain and suffering makes us happiest
    I like this so much.

Alternatively I also liken them to having a job class from other RPG's, and it's the uniforms make them look alike. Jenny's are the Judge class from FF Tactics Advance and Joy's are White Mages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Though I did read somewhere that the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennies were all the same to reflect the limited amount of NPC sprites in Generation I, it does sound kind of amusing to think that Joy and Jenny are clones. I also remember reading in an issue of Pojo's Unofficial Pokémon (?) many years ago that the details of each Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy were "classified".