Thread: Moral Compass

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moral Compass

What sets your definitions of what's right and wrong in society? For how people act?

What, to you, is basis for being a good person? A bad person?

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is some hamfisted quilt-like thing from experience and many, many influences

i want to, sometimes, believe in objective morality but it's a struggle. i'm an extremely indecisive person and it's hard! i feel like, most people are good, and that's a really important thing that i realized. i used to wander through life with extreme distrust and bitterness-- but it was extremely freeing to realize everyone's just like you; sometimes they're fumbling messes of laughter and sometimes theyre bubbling with rage. and it's messy! everyones growing and realizing flaws and it's hard for me to fault people a lot even if i want to (which is another tricky topic!)

lying and being unwilling to change, i think, are the main things that really shake me. everyone will "sin" and have flaws, but accepting them and wanting to change makes it easier to accept flaws in people-- but, seeing someone repeatedly jam their unhealthy behaviors over and over into themselves is something i just cannot stand. especially after met with confrontation about said unhealthy behavior, it's just really depressing and something i can't stand to be around. unless you kill someone. that's kinda screwed up, guys.

tl;dr being alive is growth. growth is being alive.

joy, landlocked, in bodies that don't keep
    dumbstruck with the sweetness of being