User Tag List

Thread: Exciting Forum Change!

Exciting Forum Change!

Hi TPPers!

We're ecstatic to announce that we're heavily considering shifting our site focus to anime! While Pokemon will always lie in our roots, and will remain a point of discussion on the boards, it's come to our attention that a majority of members' interests lie in topics not related to Pokemon. Anime seems to be a central point. Digging deep, we found that our long-term prospects are best bolstered with a trajectory that appeals to anime and Otaku fans around the world!

That being said, we recognize that this is a mighty change. We want to know everything you all think in relationship to this potential decision! On the surface, currently nothing will change about the forums except for forum structure. All of the fabulous forum features will remain, and you'll simply see new boards, new skins, and other exciting additional benefits! We will be keeping a category for Pokemon! PokeVentures, which has stalled while we gather more role players, will most likely become an anime-Pokemon crossover RP.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are warmly welcome!

Lots of love,
    Your TPP Staff

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

I think switching to an anime focus will not only engage more activity but will make this place more appealing for old and new members alike. I am really excited for the future of TPP <3

Hmm, I actually have mixed feelings about this and here’s why. I really don’t see any indication on the forums that suggests that people are slowly shifting their focus away from Pokémon and more towards anime. Okay, sure there is a lot of people on here that have a fondness for anime, but I think there is a misconception here. This forum only has 50 members, so it’s undoubtedly a new forum. It’s way too early to start considering a drastic change like this. You guys should at least let this forum grow and get a certain amount of members before analyzing everyone’s interests. I’m worried that a change like this can negatively affect the memberbase.

I agree with Lapras, it feels rather soon. But I guess my question is, why not both? advertise as both a Pokemon AND anime forum! I think removing the Pokemon focus is a bit hasty, especially since right now, we are between Pokemon Generations and the last game release was just a bit of extra content to S/M. It's hard to really show Pokemon interest imo, when there isn't much going on in the Pokemon Game world!

BUT! We shouldn't ignore the direction that you guys desire to go in, and should explore that further and try to make TPP a place where the two genres, which are already pretty alike, can live in forum harmony.
    "Life is a constant string of embrassment."

MyAnimeList|Last.FM

Blog Entries
    Hi thank you guys so much for the feedback! The staff team appreciates it so much! We created this thread so we can keep you guys informed with the latest and to stay connected with our fellow members.

I do want to clarify that we aren't removing Pokemon completely. We'll still have a section dedicated to Pokemon however, our major focus will be shifting to anime itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralin View Post
    It's hard to really show Pokemon interest imo, when there isn't much going on in the Pokemon Game world!
    This is the major problem with Pokemon at the moment. When they announce a new main game for the Pokemon series the Pokemon community forums goes crazy but after awhile the activity drop. After being on a couple of Pokemon community sites in general I've seen this happen countless of times. On top of it I would see people getting tired of Pokemon as well making it difficult to keep the community up and running. We felt while still keeping Pokemon as our 2nd interest, we decided to shift the site to anime as more of a backup situation I guess you can say. So technically speaking we're doing both as you mentioned Ralin, Pokemon and a Anime focused community site.

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story

Lapras, I'm going to point out the flaws in your post and give an explanation as to why this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapras View Post
    I really don’t see any indication on the forums that suggests that people are slowly shifting their focus away from Pokémon and more towards anime.
    You're looking at this site in particular. Most the smaller Pokemon community sites die off really quickly or don't grow to become more popular than maybe 30-50ish users online at the same time. (not including guests) This is a very small and frail number. I've seen it happen to many new Pokemon sites, they start up, get a sorta strong start (eg 30 people registering in one day) and then it just freezes until it shuts down. The reasoning being is that there's already the monstrous Pokecommunity in place which averages 200-300 users online at one time and 10x that in visitors. Not just that, but the majority of pokemon fans just don't go to the forums or moved

Quote Originally Posted by Lapras View Post
    This forum only has 50 members, so it’s undoubtedly a new forum. It’s way too early to start considering a drastic change like this. You guys should at least let this forum grow and get a certain amount of members before analyzing everyone’s interests. I’m worried that a change like this can negatively affect the memberbase.
    Okay, so imagine this. 50 users, let's say by changing the main focus of the forum we lost 10% of our members, that's 45 members still. Not a huge deal. But, let's say we waited until there's let's say 500 members, with the same 10% we now have 450 users which means we lost 50 people instead of just 5. The longer we wait, the more users we worked hard to obtain will be lost. Not only that, but if we make the positive change early on, less members will be affected.

In my opinion, the sooner the change happens, the better.

This is cool! I never really got into Pokemon when all my friends did, so I think branching out is a good idea.

Will the site title and URL stay the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    This is cool! I never really got into Pokemon when all my friends did, so I think branching out is a good idea.

Will the site title and URL stay the same?
    Thank you so much for your feedback! Tentatively, the site title and url will stay the same; the majority of the initial change will occur with the forum structure, keeping Pokemon and expanding upon the anime parts of us. However, we do welcome all potential names and thoughts towards this!

Thanks Rei for your feedback as well ^^

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks so much to everyone who's sent in suggestions and comments here and via Discord!

VERY exciting changes will be underway very soon!

totally not a joke but low key a meme ♥

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆