User Tag List

Thread: Digimon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Digimon

Hello Digimon fans all over the world! Welcome to the digidestined! Yes this was coming and you guys know it from the very beginning. With it's newest Digimon game called Hackers Memory that came out in February and Digimon Tri nearly ending, it's about time we get a Digimon thread up and running!

So with that being said let's start with the basics! What was your favorite Digimon season?

Mine is a tie between Adventure and Tamers. I enjoyed them so much when I was a kid. I never knew Digimon had another tv series until I've discovered Tamers on Jetix!

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tamers was the best season with Frontier being a close second, though Adventure and 02 are good too and Tri is certainly an awesome callback to the original.

When it comes to the best evolution sequences, then Frontier is the best/most creative imo, the idea of humans becoming Digimon was actually pretty cool. Though admittedly at first I thought it would be terrible, but it turns out it wasn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    digivolve into champions! digivolve into ultimate!

Thank you for bringing my childhood back to me! Digimon's serious business! my favorite seasons were definitely the first one, as well as the Frontier's one (where ~spirit evolution~! was a thing!)! Designing my own digimon as a kid was my first artistic thing that I have memory of ownership over, so this series is really etched into my heart!

One of my favorite fights tbh!

"you broke it!"
    "AWWH, SEND ME THE BILL."

THIS WAS SOME REAL STUFF

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh, I love Myotismon...uh, I mean, Digimon. Yeah, that's totally what I meant.

I loved the original series - both of them; Adventure 02 might have a bit of a weak finish, but it still has a really good dub and was as much a part of my childhood as Pokemon - and Frontier. I honestly didn't like Tamers or Savers, though. Lack of a decent villain really let those shows down, although Myotismon set the bar pretty high, and Lucemon in Frontier was great too.

I'm waiting on the dub before I watch Tri, although what I've read of it hasn't impressed me overmuch...unless Myotismon shows up as the villain again in the final movie. Complete with Richard Epcar's ridiculously sexy evil laugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't a huge fan of Frontier mostly because the characters weren't appealing to me however I enjoyed the concept of it. Meanwhile I loved all the characters in Tamers. They were enjoyable and I miss them very much. I'm hoping they get a Tri version of it.

Do any of you guys play the Digimon games? I just finished Cyber Sleuth and is ready to play Hackers Memories. The games are really good!

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have played the first three Digimon World, Rumble Arena, Dawn, Dusk, and Championship games. Digimon World and the Rumble games were really fun to play, Dawn and Dusk were okay not too bad though I played them after the Wifi matching for the games shut down, and Championship was bad imo; doesn't really have replay value to me.

I never really played much of the games since most of them are either Japanese exclusive or hard to find Stateside. I do want to give Cyber Sleuth a chance sometime though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've played Cyber Sleuth...the gameplay was addicting and generally pretty great, but the plot is one of the most tedious things I have ever experienced in my life. I think Nokia Shirahime might just be my most hated female video game character ever...well, one of them. xD

I've played Digimon World DS too, but my copy of Dawn AND Dusk both didn't work...serves me right for buying them off eBay, I guess. I've had Lost Order and Hacker's Memory sitting on my shelf for a while now; I'll get around to them eventually. I tried Digimon Links as well and that was surprisingly fun, if a bit basic and annoyingly microtransaction-focused...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I had to go the digimon wiki and google all these images of the cover art for the game! my childhood came up in one of the images: Digimon World, the one released in 2000! It's the only digimon game we have, and I'm so shook thinking about it! this was definitely SO much fun and I remember spending hours just training the digimon by having them push the boulder or stand under a waterfall LOL

I definitely have to check out these name games that you're all mentioning! ;;

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bumping this thread since there is a new Digimon game coming next year called Digimon Survive. It's gonna be a survival strategy RPG, and player choices will influence the story and of course, your partner's evolution line with multiple playthroughs resulting in different paths and evolutions. The game will also have multiple endings and depending if you make the wrong choices characters will apparently be killed off. It'll be multi-plat on the PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC.

Anyone thinking of getting it when it comes out next year? Apparently it's a WW release so hopefully that stays true! I'm definitely gonna get it for the Switch (especially since I already have too many games on the PS4 anyway).