User Tag List

Thread: Black Clover

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Blog Entries

Black Clover

A thread for the Black Clover series, which has a manga that is on volume 15 and an anime show with 51 episodes so far. Since this is still a new series, lets use spoiler tags when it's needed, please. (ex: a major plot event, what happens to a character, etc.)

OP 1 of Black Clover:

Let's start with some basic questions to kickstart this thread:
    1. Who is your favorite character so far?
    2. Which Magic Knight squad is your favorite, and which squad would you choose to join?
    3. What kind of elemental grimoire would you like to have?

Please note this series can also fall under action for obvious reasons, so feel free to move it under there if it's more fitting.

I saw a few episodes, and it sorta reminded me of Blue Exorcist.

Main character is good for nothing and hotheaded.
    His brother is talented.
    Fate just so happens to give the main character extraordinary power.
    Both titles are Color Noun. Blue (color) Exorcist (noun). Black (color) Clover (noun).
    What else can I nitpick on?

Blog Entries
    While it's fine to nitpick about the series (I've nickpicked on some moments as well) let's not turn this thread into just that please.

To answer my own questions in case anyone was wondering my answers:
    1. I have a three way tie between Asta (regardless if he's hotheaded, most shounen heroes are usually hotheaded to varying degrees), Yuno, and Klaus. Though I'm more leaning to Asta since I like his personality and his drive.

2. My favorite squad is the Black Bulls due to their quirkiness, and for one I would like to join then the Azure Deer! Mainly cause of it's logo and the fact that they mostly do research on magical artifacts and a variety of historical fields. They are also the least invasive squad, so I feel I'd fit right in.

3. For ones already shown/introduced/mentioned then Snow magic, for something different then I'd want a magic ability that can summon animals! (including mythical and extinct ones) I don't mean the type that gives you animal like traits, but actually call upon the animal in the form of magic. This could fall under Bestiary magic actually.

As a side, anyone going to get the Black Clover: Quartet Knights game when it releases? I know I am!

Blog Entries
    I dropped episode 1 when this first came out but now I'm trying to give it a chance. I'm on episode 10 right now and I'm going to try to catch up to see how I feel about the anime show. There are parts of the series I ended up skipping through mostly because I've lost some interest in those parts but there are actually some parts of the episodes that kept me going. It's one of those anime shows I seem to keep going back to although right now I do like the arc that's going on but I somewhat don't like that they made the nobles so annoying. I like watching anime shows when nobles are actually good and don't look down on people but I get that there are nobles like that but not all of them are.

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanja View Post
    I dropped episode 1 when this first came out but now I'm trying to give it a chance. I'm on episode 10 right now and I'm going to try to catch up to see how I feel about the anime show. There are parts of the series I ended up skipping through mostly because I've lost some interest in those parts but there are actually some parts of the episodes that kept me going. It's one of those anime shows I seem to keep going back to although right now I do like the arc that's going on but I somewhat don't like that they made the nobles so annoying. I like watching anime shows when nobles are actually good and don't look down on people but I get that there are nobles like that but not all of them are.
    Understandable, a lot of the nobles in this series are pretty stuck up and annoying, though the only ones that really get on my nerves are Noelle's siblings
    Spoiler: 
    since not only are they stuck up to "commoners" but they treat Noelle pretty badly too. Making fun of her for not controlling her magic all that well, mocking her, blaming her for their mother's death etc. they are brutal to the poor girl.

I love Black Clover. I was hoping for an anime adaption for a very long time. I cheered when it got one...

Who is your favorite character so far?

Asta. I love his never give up attitude.

Which Magic Knight squad is your favorite, and which squad would you choose to join?

lmfao Black Bulls. There's not many guilds that are actually explored.....

What kind of elemental grimoire would you like to have?

Most likely one that has electricity power, if possible.
    On a semi-hiatus rn