User Tag List

Thread: Happiness

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happiness

What brings you happiness? What fulfills you in life, little things or big things, beyond all else?

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Food and anime brings me happiness. Also, video games and programming, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    an ongoing relationship with community, being challenged to new heights (esp creatively), celebrating loved ones, and the profound sense of today and tomorrow!!

as for the little things: calls from loved ones, anime episodes, AMAZING fanfics (SO ALL), scrolling through pages of midousuji, steam wafting off of mugs!

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    happiness is tricky!!!
    i try to appreciate short bursts of joy and i think it ends up contributing to overall happiness. i really try to absorb the environment around me and appreciate it for what it's worth; the greatness of what we've built and been given to us

music really makes me happy. my friends make me happy. religion does too sometimes when not giving me an existential crisis. pretty landscapes especially do

i just like this world a lot

joy, landlocked, in bodies that don't keep
    dumbstruck with the sweetness of being

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
    i try to appreciate short bursts of joy and i think it ends up contributing to overall happiness. i really try to absorb the environment around me and appreciate it for what it's worth; the greatness of what we've built and been given to us
    re-reading this thread and this especially resonates with me! ;;;; in my mindfulness class, we've been learning frameworks for how to cultivate the most of every moment... living life in the present, so we're not missing our lives! and what you're saying especially speaks to me! apparently the Dalai Lama was asked, "when in life were you the happiest?" and he just smiles and says, "right now!" and i think that's just so cheeky and awesomely profound

APPRECIATING YOU ;;;;;

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two main things that bring me happiness.

The first are hobbies...things I enjoy doing that also distract my mind - such as music, video games, cooking, learning, and other things. Exercise is another big one because I feel so good after a workout. c: The second thing that brings me happiness is self-esteem. When I feel good about myself, it makes me feel confident and happy, so I try my best to take care of my physical and mental health. I have a fitness routine, skin routine, hair routine, etc. If I didn't feel good about myself, my hobbies just wouldn't be enough to keep me happy.

7. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My family and friends certainly bring me happiness, it's nice to hang out with them and chat about all kinds of things that sometimes you can't talk to others about. They are also there for you in a time of need.

Exercise is another one for me like ^LunaSoul mentioned, I always exercise every day and I indeed feel so good after a nice work out or run.

My religion does as well, a lot of cool people that go to my church!

Other ones that can bring me happiness are my hobbies of reading, writing, video games, animation, and gardening.

9. Likes Smiles liked this post