Thread: Most Nostalgic Music

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most Nostalgic Music

What are the most nostalgic songs, albums, or artists, for you? O: What sort of feeling do they convey?!

Doubly, if a song has become nostalgic for you, can you listen to it ever again without it bringing up the emotional context?

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    literally any song ever brings up 592394329 different emotions all at once; i catalog my life with bands and lyrics. it's an absolute mess.

joanna newsom will always overwhelm me and bring me to tears

frank ocean will always remind me of the summer and the best weekend of my life, meeting my wonderful boyfriend

wilco & led zeppelin will remind me of hazy afternoons with my brother while he was learning the guitar, and i sat in absolute childlike wonder and admiration.

elton john & tom petty will always sting. it's painfully hot on my back and cheeks, like the long car rides in the desert with my mother. i don't like to think of it much

they're all in their filing cabinets of when i want to relive a memory or feeling

joy, landlocked, in bodies that don't keep
    dumbstruck with the sweetness of being

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A song that really gets to me in the feels, is Abigail Williams (band) and their song."Into the Ashes"
    Just a really well thought out opening, followed by a bombastic pummeling of the senses.

Vocals are also very black metallish. You'd think they are a European band. But they are in fact, American.
    Too Ordinary to be Extraordinary
    too serious to be sarcastic
    Project Funny Bones

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 2 Step by Ciara and here's why. You see I used to listen to this song all the time when I was a kid. I had the CD and I learned the dance steps with my old best friend. Yesterday they played this song on the radio and I yelled out "OH MY GOSH" I remembered the whole lyrics and small parts of the dance. This is the only song I have a strong connection with and it will forever stay close to my heart.

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanja View Post
    1 2 Step by Ciara and here's why. You see I used to listen to this song all the time when I was a kid. I had the CD and I learned the dance steps with my old best friend. Yesterday they played this song on the radio and I yelled out "OH MY GOSH" I remembered the whole lyrics and small parts of the dance. This is the only song I have a strong connection with and it will forever stay close to my heart.
    Ciara is a great artist. I got her cd basic instinct. She is quite a lovely listen to and her songs are catchy.
    Nice to see she was mentioned in this thread as a nostalgia moment.
    Too Ordinary to be Extraordinary
    too serious to be sarcastic
    Project Funny Bones

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler: 

*Sailor Moon has many nostalgia moments and the English OP is def pretty nostalgic for me*

a-ha is a group that is nostalgic for me since every morning when my mom and dad had the TV on VH1 it'd almost always be Take On Me that would play. Peter Schilling's Major Tom, both in English and German, is also nostalgic since sometimes it'd be on a lot as well.