User Tag List

Thread: Art Tablets

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Art Tablets

Hey artist out there I have a interesting question for you. For those who do digital drawings what kind of art tablet do you use?

I have a Wacom Bamboo Splash. I had this thing since like 2011 or so. It’s really old and I’m looking into buying myself a new one it’s just art tablets are so expensive lol. I got this for $100 at the Apple store years ago.

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've had this in the back of my mind for my brother, who is so exceptionally gifted with art and drawing and could really go places with it if he wanted to ;;;;

With his particular instance, however, he also just needs an entirely new laptop as a whole. He's rocking the 2010 MacBook, the really great product apple used to demonstrate its high quality to college consumers and the like, and although it's still functioning (!!) it just doesn't do what he wants it to do currently. He wants PC power, a gaming laptop!

For his circumstance, I think something like a SurfaceBook could do him really well! he's tried the pen capability with my surface pro 4 and you could kinda see his eyes light up! like oooh this is cool! and I really thought it might fit him, but then again the SB might not be a strong enough competitor in the gaming department for the games he wants to play

What I might do is see how far he goes with an iPad and Apple Pencil, since I've heard excellent and amazing things about those! And then currently, and later on, keep investing for a more high-powered machine for him!

*hears the Black Friday deals swell up from the background*

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I've had this in the back of my mind for my brother, who is so exceptionally gifted with art and drawing and could really go places with it if he wanted to ;;;;

With his particular instance, however, he also just needs an entirely new laptop as a whole. He's rocking the 2010 MacBook, the really great product apple used to demonstrate its high quality to college consumers and the like, and although it's still functioning (!!) it just doesn't do what he wants it to do currently. He wants PC power, a gaming laptop!

For his circumstance, I think something like a SurfaceBook could do him really well! he's tried the pen capability with my surface pro 4 and you could kinda see his eyes light up! like oooh this is cool! and I really thought it might fit him, but then again the SB might not be a strong enough competitor in the gaming department for the games he wants to play

What I might do is see how far he goes with an iPad and Apple Pencil, since I've heard excellent and amazing things about those! And then currently, and later on, keep investing for a more high-powered machine for him!

*hears the Black Friday deals swell up from the background*
    If he plans on taking art as a major some time in the future I would recommend him trying out the Wacom series. Wacom has many different kinds of art tablets at reasonable prices and once he has the money or Black Friday comes around he could try to get one. In my eyes they have one of the best art tablets out there. I don't know too much about other art tablet companies to know what they're like but from articles that I've read and looking at reviews I've been seeing positive feedback for Wacom. I've heard good things about the Surfacebook from my mom. She wanted me to try it out at some point in time. I was looking at them when I was at Best Buy yesterday and they don't seem to be so bad.

I prefer drawing on my PC more so than my macbook pro. Mostly because PC has the option to use pen pressure since you need a specific drive for that and from what I've read it's only for the PC. It's a Microsoft drive or something around that nature. I plan on getting myself a new PC as well since I've had this one since 2007.

Nyanja also known as Juan according to @Smiles; | AMA | My Story