User Tag List

Thread: waking up at 4 am

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

waking up at 4 am

the past few days, i've been waking up in the region of 4 am - 5 am quite consistently! and it's so weird, because when i wake, i'm like SUPER conscious. it's like i've been awake for a few hours by that point, and i'm very aware of my breathing, the corners in the room, all that stuff! eventually i'll fall back into a deep sleep right on time with my alarm, and i'm not necessarily tired when i wake up again! it's just got me a bit spooked!

you guys know i love my sleep ;;; nothing dramatic has changed in my caffeine consumption / eating in general and i don't think i'm stressed!

anyone experienced something like this in a row before?!

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

Super Moderator Voltaire Magneton's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I USED TO HAVE THIS !!! Last year of my high school, so around 3 or 4 years ago?? Anyways I used to wake up at exactly 2AM, for a whole month ;-; Like no alarm clocks, no plans, and MOST IMPORTANTLY NO OUTSIDE STIMULI TO WAKE ME UP??

In my case, I associate it with my extreme stress because my mind decided to develop a serious phobia on the FNAF characters back then (I still do, cant look at them) and so it's hard for me to sleep at night, since it agitates my fear of the dark )):

But since you dont have stress, maybe your hormones? If it bothers you, you could probs go see a sleep doctor or something. At least you dont wake up groggy when the alarm goes off!

VPP: SOLROCK x LUNATONE @ 46 / 231

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ZAAAAAH i'm so sorry you had it too!! UGH a month sounds really rough, especially for something so terrifying! and it's so crazy how it's like, THE SAME TIME of each night! for the same period it feels like! i'm half expecting for like a spirit to be waiting for me or something when i wake up later lmao

thanks so so much for sharing! it could DEFINITELY be something with hormones, and tbh i'm not aware enough of subtle body changes! maybe too it's a weird seasonal shift... we've been getting a pretty harsh shift here from rainy / cold to complete sunshine and humidity, so maybe that plays a role too?? i figure if it keeps going for a couple of weeks, i'll definitely check out at the doc's!

thank you VM <333 ! I APPRECIATE YOU

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆

Super Moderator Voltaire Magneton's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    >i'm half expecting for like a spirit to be waiting for me or something when i wake up later lmao

Actually, that's what they "say" about waking up in the middle of the night, that someone's watching you :eyes: and im just like HELL NAW

Also apparently it's so common in this country that we have a word when you wake up in the night: alimpungatan (a-lim-pu-nga-tan) LOL

VPP: SOLROCK x LUNATONE @ 46 / 231

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    HAHAHA YESSSS ugh the idea of a spirit just like gracing over you.... that's so creepy! but also so nice?! it depends on what kind of spirit, maybe! idk i'm huge into the idea of loved ones using dreams to communicate with us, especially departed loved ones.... or like a higher calling's musings reflected in our unconscious thoughts OO:

awwwwh thank you so much for sharing alimpungatan! i'm going to tell my mom tomorrow lmao, she's gonna get so hyped... (maybe i'll leave out the sleepless bit in relation to me but) i'm so happy Tagalog has a word to express this! my language is behind the times!

low key wonder if it'll get better if i lucid dream more...

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I used to do this... But it was kind of so implemented into my psyche, that I never thought of it as 'anything', rather than me not sleeping enough. I take medication to help me sleep as well.

Does the job usually quite well.

The Land of the Free, Within Me Entirely
    Set by New T Folklore

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by New_Tristam_Folklore View Post
    I used to do this... But it was kind of so implemented into my psyche, that I never thought of it as 'anything', rather than me not sleeping enough. I take medication to help me sleep as well.

Does the job usually quite well.
    Oh wow! yeah, and i hear that it happens to so many other people too that it's totally a normal thing! i've even seen reviews that say something like, "WAY back in the days, humans had two sleeping periods! and they were broken by a 4-hour waking period that began at 3/4 am" which was really cool! and that "waking period" was a time where people would get involved in the arts, build relationships with each other, and just generally do really cool things! apparently that was the natural thing to do, but the modern working / school schedule has messed up our origins quite a bit haha!

this is still happening to me every other day! tbh it's kinda nice now lol. now that i expect it, i know that i'm going to meditate or read, and it's nice to watch the shadows play outside! i have friends who do the melatonin pills too, and i've heard good things! ;;;;

thanks so much for your comment <33

art by TheArmamentarium

☆ ☆ ☆

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Oh wow! yeah, and i hear that it happens to so many other people too that it's totally a normal thing! i've even seen reviews that say something like, "WAY back in the days, humans had two sleeping periods! and they were broken by a 4-hour waking period that began at 3/4 am" which was really cool! and that "waking period" was a time where people would get involved in the arts, build relationships with each other, and just generally do really cool things! apparently that was the natural thing to do, but the modern working / school schedule has messed up our origins quite a bit haha!

this is still happening to me every other day! tbh it's kinda nice now lol. now that i expect it, i know that i'm going to meditate or read, and it's nice to watch the shadows play outside! i have friends who do the melatonin pills too, and i've heard good things! ;;;;

thanks so much for your comment <33
    Anytime! It's good to leave feedback on important topics of discussion like this one.
    Feel free to mention me in future discussions.

The Land of the Free, Within Me Entirely
    Set by New T Folklore