User Tag List

Thread: Octopath Traveler

Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Octopath Traveler

So yesterday the game Octopath Traveler was released world wide, it was an anticipated JRPG by Square Enix and after about a day of release it already has great scores and reviews. I got this game today and just started it, and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far (yes I haven't gotten too far just yet, but still), all the character designs are great and the character I chose to start with, Cyrus, is very interesting and cool to me. (plus I like scholar characters a lot lol)

Launch Trailer:

I figure this could be a thread for discussing this game in general and even helping others out if they are stuck with something in the story or side quest.

Some questions to kickstart this thread:
    1. Which character do you like, based on your playthrough or from what you've seen/read?
    2. Which character did you start with?
    3. What do you think of this game?

2. Likes WhiteDragonAura liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the game that convinced me I need to buy a Switch. It looks like a giant love letter to the classic RPGs of old back in the day. Plus, it's just really nice to see 2D graphics being used again in an age of oversaturated 3D graphics.

4. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post
    Writes fanfiction Tactician Karina's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So I have since completed the game and my goodness it was great! Plus the final boss actually gave me a challenge, it wiped out my party a couple times until I had to grind some more, I won't give spoilers but I do recommend that your party is in the lv. 70-80 range.

But yes it is indeed nice to see the 2D graphics and sprites again, I like 3D graphics too though but with playing Octopath I can't ever see it in any other design/graphic choice tbh.