Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brief Survey

Hi everyone!! ❤️ ❤️

it's been a while since a big announcement and I apologize for that! Just wanted to briefly thank everyone for talking and hanging out, sometimes on the forums but mostly the disco too ;;;; I'm extremely grateful to feel like most of you are in my DM's, and as time goes on and relationships bloom we did just want to get a feeling of where we want our anime paradise here to go! We have the resources for really cool stuff (teheheh hints) and the willpower for a lot of events, but before we go through with any of that, we just wanted to hear from you all!!

We'd be so appreciative to hear any of your thoughts on these topics and questions, either here or on the disco!

1. How can the forum best help you?

2. What can we as staff provide for you?

3. What are the disco community events you'd like to see?

4. What are the forum community events you'd like to see?

5. What do you think the forums could use / what would you like to see implemented to the forums?

much love!! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

art by TheArmamentarium
    severity & chastity: 934

☆ ☆ ☆

2. Likes Ghostツ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, just gonna toss my thoughts out here for ya. Know it's been awhile since I've really been active with the site and stuff in general, but I do want to give my honest thoughts because I don't want anyone's hard work go to waste. I'll probably be just going over all the questions in a more general kind of sense rather than going through them one by one.

So, as I'm sure we're aware of, getting members for a forum has gotten more difficult over time, and despite how long the site has been open, we're currently sitting at only 70 registered members. Its a little discouraging to say the least, but I mostly think its due to the difficulty of getting a forum out there in comparison to past times. Without an established userbase, it'll be a trickle system for months, years, maybe even the entirety of the forum's lifespan. However, I think that there are some things that can be done to avoid that if it all works out.

Firstly, I do think a greater emphasis should be put on the Discord community and advertising it over the forum initially.

Chatrooms and live chats in general are the main medium of communication now with how much they've improved, compared to the old times of the early 2000s where all you had was Yahoo Messenger and possibly AOL. Discord and Skype practically run the internet, as they earn the popularity of large crowds due to ease of access. If you need to ask a question, you can usually find an answer on a server related to it, find people you get along with, etc. Its why there's large anime communities of over 10,000 members on small discord servers alone.

I expect the same thing out of forums by this time, with some very rare exceptions out there. I think with a focus more on Discord but keeping the forums as a large discussion medium, that's the best you can do to get it to grow. There are many ways to connect yourself to large discords and get advertisement out there, so if you're willing to do so, looking for that through Reddit or other methods is what I would push towards.

With that, focus on events for growth, and then for sustain.

People will stay around with a great first impression, and having events for this is the safest and healthiest thing to do for the site as it stands. Try to do events to pull in interest. Maybe a large anime movie night where everyone is invited if they join the Discord and have a link, or a live RP one-shot based on After Hours for communities that are interested in that. Then, once some growth happens, go based on what the active userbase would be most interested in. Small events every week / month are also generally a lot better than yearly events. If you have a certain event that you've had success with but it took more effort than most anything else could, aim for bi-yearly with it.

The forum as it is right now is fine and well set up. If anything needed to be changed, it would be to clean up any small bugs / issues with profiles and themes (which I can help with most likely as a designer still). But at the end of the day, what the site needs now is affiliates, recognition, interest, and more from a larger group than we're sitting at. It has a lot of potential, but we sit at one of the hardest times for a forum nowadays, as they start to fade while internet fads change. It will be difficult, but I'm sure you, Ghost, and the other staff can pull through. For now, there's my two cents on this.

4. Likes Ghostie, Ghostツ liked this post
    Ghostbusters Are Dead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Yo, just gonna toss my thoughts out here for ya. Know it's been awhile since I've really been active with the site and stuff in general, but I do want to give my honest thoughts because I don't want anyone's hard work go to waste. I'll probably be just going over all the questions in a more general kind of sense rather than going through them one by one.

So, as I'm sure we're aware of, getting members for a forum has gotten more difficult over time, and despite how long the site has been open, we're currently sitting at only 70 registered members. Its a little discouraging to say the least, but I mostly think its due to the difficulty of getting a forum out there in comparison to past times. Without an established userbase, it'll be a trickle system for months, years, maybe even the entirety of the forum's lifespan. However, I think that there are some things that can be done to avoid that if it all works out.

Firstly, I do think a greater emphasis should be put on the Discord community and advertising it over the forum initially.

Chatrooms and live chats in general are the main medium of communication now with how much they've improved, compared to the old times of the early 2000s where all you had was Yahoo Messenger and possibly AOL. Discord and Skype practically run the internet, as they earn the popularity of large crowds due to ease of access. If you need to ask a question, you can usually find an answer on a server related to it, find people you get along with, etc. Its why there's large anime communities of over 10,000 members on small discord servers alone.

I expect the same thing out of forums by this time, with some very rare exceptions out there. I think with a focus more on Discord but keeping the forums as a large discussion medium, that's the best you can do to get it to grow. There are many ways to connect yourself to large discords and get advertisement out there, so if you're willing to do so, looking for that through Reddit or other methods is what I would push towards.

With that, focus on events for growth, and then for sustain.

People will stay around with a great first impression, and having events for this is the safest and healthiest thing to do for the site as it stands. Try to do events to pull in interest. Maybe a large anime movie night where everyone is invited if they join the Discord and have a link, or a live RP one-shot based on After Hours for communities that are interested in that. Then, once some growth happens, go based on what the active userbase would be most interested in. Small events every week / month are also generally a lot better than yearly events. If you have a certain event that you've had success with but it took more effort than most anything else could, aim for bi-yearly with it.

The forum as it is right now is fine and well set up. If anything needed to be changed, it would be to clean up any small bugs / issues with profiles and themes (which I can help with most likely as a designer still). But at the end of the day, what the site needs now is affiliates, recognition, interest, and more from a larger group than we're sitting at. It has a lot of potential, but we sit at one of the hardest times for a forum nowadays, as they start to fade while internet fads change. It will be difficult, but I'm sure you, Ghost, and the other staff can pull through. For now, there's my two cents on this.
    I apologize for getting to this so late. I do agree that it will be a trickle system and for the time being I feel that will be okay as long as we can sustain ourselves with the member base we have. The team and I have made efforts on Twitter to spread the word by holding giveaways for anyone willing to participate. Additionally, efforts to improve the discord community are being worked on. I have attempted to outsource through other outlets such as Discord, but came up empty handed as no one was interested advertising another community. We will check other outlets to try and capitalize on any advertisements we can get. I'm still working on some final touch ups with some themes and after that the appeal should be finalized. Thanks for your feedback and again I apologize for the delayed response.
    ​Disclaimer: I claim no ownership over any artwork that is displayed in my Avatar/Signature.