I thought we'd have a thread to let out our unpopular opinions about anime/manga/LN. Let's remember to respect other people's opinions, it's not the end of the world if someone finds a series you like boring/uninteresting, same with someone liking a series that may be widely hated/controversial; just don't harass or attack someone for their opinions and we're good.

------------------------------------------------

I'll add some of my own to kickstart the thread:
  • SAO isn't that bad of a anime. It's not the best but not the worst either, I like it for what it is and at most it's an average series.

• Cowboy Bebop is highly overrated.

• The anime adaptation of Goblin Slayer is great so far, and is making it's way up on my top favorite dark fantasy anime adaptation list, but I still like the LN of it a bit more.

• Speaking of dark fantasy series, Bastard!! needs a modern anime adaptation. While the 90's OVA is good a modern anime of it would do the manga justice, especially since it's still ongoing and most likely won't end in a cliffhanger like the OVA did.

• Similar with SAO, Black Clover isn't a bad anime either, I do think the manga is still a bit better but the anime most certainly isn't that bad.

• I actually didn't mind the anime adaptation of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, would I have liked a season 3 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Of course, but the LN series is on a hiatus so it's no surprise we didn't get one. I also like other adaptations of the spin-off manga and web series, they're cute fun!

• More series should follow Zombie Land Saga's idea of zombie stories, maybe not have them be idols but other professions or even a slice of life would be fun or any other genre besides just horror. Which is why I liked Is This a Zombie? series.

• Following the above, Lily Hoshikawa from Zombie Land Saga didn't deserve all the backlash she got in the west. It's one thing to not have a favorite character or be neutral on one, but the way people reacted to a plot point in a episode for her was just overreacting and dumb. She's a fun character with a cute design that didn't deserve said backlash.

• I actually like most LN's and their anime adaptations, DanMachi and KonoSuba being two others I also really enjoy.

• FLCL didn't need two more seasons, the original was fine and I didn't like how they went with Progressive and Alternative. I feel that it didn't really grasp what the original was in it's comedy and storytelling.

• I think Korea from Hetalia deserves to actually be in the anime instead of just ending cameos, which can be hard to spot him at times, this series mocks and uses stereotypes for every country that appears not just one character.

• I like both anime and manga versions of Tokyo Ghoul, sometimes there will be anime adaptations that won't follow everything from the manga and I think that's okay.

• The Ghost Stories dub isn't that funny, now some moments did give me a good chuckle, but most of it felt tryhard.